- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pack of Springfield Chicken and Leek sausages, sliced
- 400g purple sprouting broccoli (or tenderstem), roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g orzo pasta
- 500ml chicken stock
- 75g grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper to season
- Heat the oil in a large pan or skillet over a medium. Add the sausage and cook until evenly browned.Add the purple sprouting, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 5 minutes until vibrant green and almost tender.
- Add the garlic and orzo and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the chicken stock and bring the mixture to the boil. Cover, reduce and simmer, until the pasta is al dente and the liquid is absorbed. This should take about 10 minutes. (If the pasta is cooked before the liquid is completely absorbed, uncover the skillet and let it simmer for an extra minute to evaporate it.)
- Stir in the Parmesan and season as needed with salt and pepper. Garnish with additional grated cheese if desired.
Recipe adapted from thekitchn.com