A delicious looking recipe from Nagi at RecipeTin Eats. Stuffing a chicken breast is great way to avoid a dryness you might get from baking a chicken breast is to stuff it! You can take this recipe in any direction you like but this Italian combination just looks insanely good!
- Sun dried tomatoes (enough to cover a length of the chicken breasts)
- 4 slices of Mozzarella
- 2 handfuls of Spinach
- Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar/Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 tsp each of dried herbs & red pepper flakes
For the dried herbs, you can use whatever you have in your store cupboard – thyme, oregano, parsley, basil. Try to match them to this combination or add your own twist to it!
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Whisk together the Italian Dressing ingredients in a bowl. It will be thicker than salad dressing.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way though.
- Coat the chicken (inside and out) with the Italian Dressing.
- Place chicken on work surface. Stuff with sun dried tomato, top with cheese then finish with spinach leaves. Just stuff in as much as you can.
- Seal with toothpicks (just stick them in on the diagonal).
- Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and chicken is cooked through. Rest for 3 minutes before serving, drizzled with the juices in the skillet.
Roasting times for different chicken breast sizes (2 – 4 breasts, for more, add a few minutes) at 180C/350F:
- Small 6oz/180g – 15 minutes
- Medium 7 oz / 210g – 18 minutes
- Large 8oz/250g – 20 minutes