A special breakfast recipe to show Mum how much you appreciate her
- 1 pack of Springfield Farm Chicken sausages
- 4 stems of cherry vine tomatoes
- 4 free-range eggs
For the hash browns:
- 3 Medium potatoes (peeled)
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the chicken sausages on each side until they colour (no need to cook through, they will be finished off in the oven).
- Remove the sausages from the pan and place on a baking tray.
- On the same baking tray place the vine tomatoes and drizzle with oil, salt and pepper and pop into the oven (the tomatoes and sausages will be ready in about 15 minutes).
- Now for the homemade hash browns.
- Grate the peeled potatoes and the onion into a clean tea towel. Bunch the tea towel up and squeeze as much water out of the grated potatoes and onion as you can.
- Place the grated ingredients into a mixing bowl, add chopped parsley, 1 beaten egg and season well. Plenty of salt may be required as the hash brown can be quite bland. Combine the ingredients well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Turn down to a medium heat. The oil needs to be hot but not smoking, as it will burn the hash browns surface too quickly and not cook the centre.
- Make the grated potato mix into 4 rough patties, and flatten slightly. Place in the hot pan and monitor temperature.
- After two or three minutes gently turn the hash brown with a pallet knife. The surface should be golden and crispy.
- After a few minutes cooking on the other side, removed from the pan and pat any excess oil with kitchen roll. Place on a baking tray, then into the oven to keep warm and get extra crispy.
- Now cook your eggs, poached, fried or scrambled, you decide.
- Once the sausages and tomatoes are ready and the hash browns are crispy, plate up and enjoy! Best served to Mum in bed as a surprise on Mothering Sunday. Dad, please can you clean up the mess!