Rigatoni pasta with Chicken! We love our chicken mince, it’s a delicious lean alternative to more fatty beef, pork, and lamb minces. The main question we get is which recipes is it best to use it in? Well just as red meat pairs with red sauces and red wine, white meat shines in white sauces with white wine. As a base for a sauce, think chicken stock, mascarpone, or cream.
- Heat a small knob of butter with a drizzle of olive oil in a sautee pan on a medium heat. Add the diced onion, carrots, and celery into the pan and ‘sweat’ for 10/15 minutes. Note: Sweat as in gently cook in butter/oil… don’t go for a jog while this is cooking!
- Add the chicken mince to the pan and brown.
- Pour in the white wine and cook for a further 5 minutes. Then pour in the chicken stock and turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta to the package instructions.
- When most of the stock has evaporated and the sauce is clinging to the mince and veg turn off the heat and stir in the mascarpone. Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained cooked pasta into the sauce and stir until the pasta is covered.
- Serve into bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan and fresh parsley.