This recipe is perfect if you are a little short on time to prepare some dinner. There’s minimal preparation, and a simple marinade packed full of flavour which will turn slightly sticky after cooking your chicken.
- 2 x Packets of Springfield Organic or Free Range Chicken Breast Fillets
- 3 x Bell Peppers, remove the seeds and chop into inch long squares
- Brown Rice to serve, 60g per person should be a good portion size
For the Sticky Marinade:
- 1 Thumb of Ginger, minced/grated
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Red Chilli, sliced or minced (seeds in or out – you decide!)
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Dark Soy Sauce
- Preheat your oven to 180c and prepare a pan of boiling water.
- Place the chicken breast fillets into a roasting tin with a drizzle of cooking oil to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Prepare the pieces of pepper and evenly distribute them onto the chicken.
- Mince the garlic, ginger, and chilli and place it into a small bowl.
- Add the sesame oil, honey, and dark soy. Mix until they are combined and drizzle over the chicken.
- Place the chicken into the oven for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook the rice as per the packaging instructions. Salt your water before cooking to bring out the flavour of the rice. Generally white rice takes 10-12 minutes, and brown rice around 25 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the roasting pan with a slotted spoon to leave the juices in the pan. Place the pan over a high heat and constantly stir until the sauce has slightly thickened and reduced.
- Serve up and add a finishing touch of some fresh chopped flat leaf parsley.