Following the Christmas rush, it’s likely that we’ll have at least some packs of Organic Turkey Mince in the freezer. These are ideal for making this lean meal which is also packed full of Thai flavours!
- 1 x Springfield Organic Turkey Mince
- 3 teaspoons Light Soy Sauce
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Seeds
- 3 teaspoons Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons/20 grams Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 x Large Carrot (Peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 x Small Red Onion (Peeled and finely diced)
- Small bunch of Mint (Chopped)
- Small bunch of Coriander (Chopped)
- 1 Large or 2 Small Baby Gem Lettuces (Separated)
- Stir the soy sauce, lime zest and juice, sesame oil and sugar together in a small bowl until the sugar has dissolved then set aside.
- Set a wok or frying pan over a medium heat, add the sesame seeds and toast for a minute until golden. Tip out onto a plate and set aside.
- Turn the heat up high and add the coconut oil and curry paste. Fry for a couple of minutes until fragrant then add the turkey mince. Stir fry for 3 minutes and season with a little pepper (add salt to taste at the end given that the soy sauce will boost the sodium levels already!)
- Add the carrot and red onion and fry for a couple of minutes until soft. Pour in the soy sauce and lime mixture, stir to combine then remove from the heat.
- Stir through the herbs then divide the mixture between the lettuce leaf cups. Top with the toasted sesame seeds and serve.