Taken from the fabulous Olive Magazine the Chicken Cacciatore recipe is a proven crowd-pleaser with adults and children; including the fussy ones!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Olive oil
- 2 x 400g tinned cherry tomatoes
- 4 tbsp mascarpone
- Handful fresh basil
- 6 Springfield free range chicken breasts skin on (click link to order)
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Fry the onion and garlic in 3 tbsp of olive oil until softened but not coloured.
- Add the tomatoes, season then simmer for about 10-15 minutes until thick and glossy. Take off the heat and stir in the mascarpone and half the basil, roughly torn.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan then fry the chicken breasts on both sides until golden. Put the chicken in an ovenproof baking dish and pour over the sauce. Cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Scatter over the remaining basil and serve. Et voila! Bon Appetite.