Open to interpretation with your own choice of toppings, but this tequila-lime combination with the chicken from Delish.com is just insanely good!
- 2 x Free Range or Organic Boneless, Skinless, Chicken Breasts
- 120ml Tequila
- Juice of 4 Limes
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Jalapenos, seeds removed and finely sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/4 Red Cabbage, shredded
- 4 Tortillas, warmed for serving
- Coitja Cheese
Coitja cheese might be more difficult to come across, but as substitutes it’s soft variation is closest to Feta whereas it’s aged variation is much closer to Parmesan or Romano. This part is personal preference is you prefer a softer cheese, or a nutty crumbly cheese.
- In a large baking dish, whisk together tequila, lime juice, garlic, and chopped jalapeño and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken and marinate in the fridge at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- In a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Cook chicken until golden and no longer pink inside, about 8 minutes per side. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with avocado, cabbage, sliced jalapeño, and cotija (or your choice of cheese), and squeeze with lime.